Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bras, g-strings and other pretty things.

I had a terrific night out last night, or should I say Night In. I was lucky enough to be invited by the lovely and energetic Joy Skaines, to her 'Girls Night In' event. Our numbers were small, but the money raised will go to a good cause, and who knows it might just be the amount needed to make a breakthrough in breast or cervical cancer research. Everyone was asked to bring a pink off-the-page item for show. What creative & talented ladies they all were. The items on show were fantastic, with bras being the obvious favourite, from Margaret's flower and jewel encrusted work of art, to Joy's s sassy bra (complete with tassels) and g-string combination. Among the items were books, clocks, canvasses, more bras, boxes etc (waiting to see the tin that was left at home). My tiny contribution was a key ring, but since it was my first off-the-page venture, I didn't feel too bad. The night was made even better by the raffle prizes contributed by an 'anonymous' donor. Did I mention that Alicia, owner of our local shop 'Scrapbook Fantasies' was there, along with her lovely mother Margaret(whose pink scones were delicious). Each participant received a beautiful container full of flowers and buttons from generous Joy Kennedy, which was a super surprise. I think I need to go for a 'nanna' nap now to recover from all that frivolity.

No comments: