Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Patchwork Retreat














Rockhampton Grammar School
 
This is really just an experiment. I'm not sure if I'm capable of, or have the time to keep a blog up to date. It's just a way of documenting my non progress in my busy quilting, scrapping. reading. watching movies kind of life.
At the moment I am participating in an on line quilt block swap with the SCQuilters, two different challenges at my local scrapbooking shop-Scrapbook Fantasies -(one is a Book of Me challenge, and the other is a conditional challenge following set out guidelines.)
I also have to finish an appliqued house block and a batch of A.T.C.'s for our annual quilter's retreat 10 year celebration.
The retreat is held in Rockhampton, Central QLD, during the Sept/Oct school holidays. It is held at the Rockhampton Grammar School, which is an ideal location. The classrooms are great, the accommodation is in single rooms, the grounds are beautiful (including the huge swimming pool) and the food is fantastic. We can work all day with tutors from around Australia, and then go on to catch up with old friends, drink and party all night if we want to (actually most of our ladies go to bed at a decent hour, it's only the hard core old chooks that stay up and party).
Sounds great to me.
At the moment I really should be working on my scrapbook challenge for this week. Why do I always leave it til the last minute to do it? I always say I work better under pressure, but I'm not sure if that's true.

No comments: