Monday, August 2, 2010

Missing in Action

I just can't believe how long it is since the last time I was here. Life has been so very busy that blogging has had to take a back seat (way back!). Great Grandson Zach is growing like a weed and is, of course, just the most gorgeous little man. Oh to have so much energy.


Fortunately he goes to daycare every day or Grammy would be completely bonkers.
Daughter Jastine is on the home stretch to complete her Thesis, then they will be moving back down to the Gold Coast. They will have been with us for two years and no doubt will leave a huge gap in our lives.
I have managed to do some papercrafting. Here are some ATC"S I've made for swapping on StampHappy internet swap group.

Scrapbook Fantasies, my local shop, is running Copic marker classes and I decided I need to do them because the cards I've been seeing on other blogs are just gorgeous. Have a look at My Creative SliceGeri's Cards to see what I mean. I've only done three classes so far but they're great fun and a good way to de-stress.
The other thing I've been doing is participating in Free Block Frenzy mystery quilt at Janome Gladstone. The idea is that you pay $15 at the first session, sit through the demo and receive your 1st block pack, come back to the next session with your finished block, sit through the demo and receive your next block pack for free. If you miss a session you can purchase a pack for $15. It runs for ten months, so it's possible to make all ten blocks for $15 with the option of buying a kit for sashing and borders at the end. My aim is to make every block on time and enjoy some sewing as I haven't been doing much of that lately.


 

No comments: